Thursday, April 8, 2010

DAVID BALFE

I'm just in the door from the show tonight in The Pint and downloading the latest ICP album. The show was sick, despite the PA troubles causing a long delay that could have completely killed the atmosphere.

I enjoyed every band tonight but especially The Blind. That was because of David Balfe. They played a new song that's going to be on a split they've got coming out on Suburban Mayhem Records. Dave announced the name of the song at least three times but I couldn't make it out and naturally, as with most hardcore/punk songs when you first hear them, the lyrics were difficult to make out. However, the sheer level of emotion radiating from every pour in Dave's body was simply incredible.

It's something I used to feel like I had something similar too when I was on stage but tonight really highlighted to me that I've been auto-pilot for some time with Forced Out. I refuse to believe it has anything to do with my current relationship. I'm still angry about a lot of things. I was in relationship when I wrote the lyrics for the demo. I still believe in what I wrote back then and it still affects me just like it did when I wrote it. There's one song in the set that relates to female issues in any way, shape or form. The rest are about what pisses me off about myself and what I see going on around me.

Forced Out has been a disjointed effort so far to say the least. We've never really gotten any momentum going as a band thus far. Things that haven't worked out as planned have been well documented so there's no need for me to keep repeating myself. Whatever about not getting to do a couple of tours, members not being able to do/afford everything we'd like to do, not being able to get money/songs that every member is happy enough with to put together a proper release, if I'm just going through the motions, then I feel my role within FO is in jeopardy.

2 comments:

  1. I think it was called 'At Your Feet' or something. Amazing tune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very much appreciated pal.
    And it's called Atrophy. Very good interpretation though Rog!

    ReplyDelete