Saturday, December 5, 2009

FEELING BETTER

It's been a week since I started feeling ill and only today can I say that I'm feeling back to my old self. It feels good. I'm sure I got something at Astro last week and I might have picked up something else at The Blind EP Launch. There were a lot of sick people at that show.

On Thursday I struggled to get into college to work on an assignment with Mark. It was fairly straight forward and we worked together on it and got it done in about 2 and a half hours. Doyler seems confident of a Distinction but the last time I thought I got on of those, I got a fucking referral so I'm not saying nothing.

I stayed in Castleknock that night and talked with Dad about what's going on with The Local. He is of the opinion that we should move asap because the landlord isn't going to renew the lease anyway, so if we can find a place we should take it. I showed him and place that we're going to go and view this week. It's 20 minutes from the city centre, college and Castleknock. Seems to be a pretty decent area aswell.



It's pretty much the ideal location for my needs. I could even see about rejoining the Dublin Rhinos American Football team again and maybe play more than one special teams play this time. Only thing that sucks about this place is that it's pretty far from Ciara. I've grown pretty used to just being able to hang with her whenever and without that much notice or planning and that'll change.

Breaking the key lock slider on my phone is causing me a lot of grief. It's really annoying having to unfold the phone completely and then re-fold it again just to unlock it. Looking up the problem online told me that it's going to cost between €90 - €110 to fix. Outrageous. I found two of the pieces that came off when it broke. I think they're the only pieces but I can't be fully sure. Having those two pieces might not actually matter either.

Friday was a bit of a mixed bag. Astro was brilliant, one of the best weeks in a long time, even though every week is really good now. The team I was on won, which I was particular glad of because I rocketed the ball into my own net from near the halfway line. That was pretty embarrassing. I left Mike's gloves in the goal. I'm sorry Micheal, if you read this. If you don't, well then you'll never know.

After playtime I went to Lugosi's house for a shower before heading into Fibbers. Picked up a frozen pizza in his local Spar and had the laugh with him and Hair Wash Only Parnell before getting the bus into town. First time at Metal Karaoke in a long time. It's still terrible. If the songlist consisted of only Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Papa Roach and couple of other artists along the same lines then it would be delish. I'm just not interested in not being able to hear what people are saying to me because someone is singing Holy Diver. Ciara wasn't feeling it either so we left after a bit, shared a frozen pizza and almost watched the first Saw movie before deciding we were too tired. We watched most of it this morning instead. By this morning, I mean from about 3.30pm because we're both so lazy.

I've been playing Assassin's Creed 2 for most of the day. It's incredible.

I told you to keep Jan 23rd free. It was because of this show right here. Should be pretty great and will help keep Moshspace.com online for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment